In August 2015, the BBC Trust approved plans to put specially selected cross-network radio programmes online up to seven days ahead of broadcast. I worked with Senior Producer Manish Pradhan to make this a reality.
Content Producer, Radio Projects, Radio and Music Multiplatform, August 2015 – ongoing
- Scoped the project – technical, editorial and social workflows
- Produced the Online First Toolkit to be rolled out across Multiplatform Radio teams
- Worked closely with On-Air and Digital teams from Radios 1 – 6 Music and the World Service
- Hit the October 12th launch deadline
- Ensured there was a full, cross-network launch offering.
- Curate the Radio 4 Online First Collection and prepare social media.
Andrew Caspari, Head of Speech and Classical Music, Radio and Music Multiplatform, wrote this blog for the Radio 4 site, introducing the offer.
I suggested Peter Snow Returns to the Future would make a good Radio 4 Online First launch offer as both the series and the concept cover time travel. We arranged for a DeLorean to appear outside New Broadcasting House.
Here is Peter Snow about to return to the future…