The Shepherd’s Life by James Rebanks was Radio 4’s Book of the Week from Monday 13 April to Friday 17 April.
Content Producer, Radio 4 Interactive, April – May 2015
- Worked closely with The Shepherd’s Life Producer, Kirsteen Cameron to ensure the digital assets produced were relevant to the target audience
- Produced all digital assets for the programme page using Photoshop, Premiere Pro, iSite2, iBroadcast, ensuring they were cleared for use on social platforms
- Bespoke content included a Sheep Quiz and a specially commissioned article by James Rebanks
- Prepared and executed content syndication plan to ensure the documentary found an audience that existed far beyond Radio 4
- Maxmised the big media interest in The Shepherd’s Life – it was mentioned by The Archers, the Today Programme and BBC Radio Cumbria as well as by many external sources.
A selection of The Shepherd’s Life Social Media Posts
This project is a wonderful example of how bespoke, high quality digital content grows reach and engagement.
Book of the Week received its highest quality score in almost two years (87, +4). ‘The Shepherd’s Life’ was the second highest AI for Radio 4, just behind Gardeners’ Question Time (88) from 13-19th April 2015.