BBC Music Jazz was a pop up digital station that ran from Thursday 12 November to midnight Sunday 15th November 2015.
Content Producer, October 2015 – November 2015
- Ensured the website was ready for launch – populating the Homepage with programme highlights, updating programme schedules, photos, site navigation and arranging cross-promotional BBC links.
- Managed external supplier Loftus during the creation of the Music Jazz schedule in iBroadcast2.
- Central point of contact for website content.
- Supported Senior Manager Digital Radio Lindsey Mack and Senior Content Producer Manish Pradhan with editorial and technical workflows- including working with external suppliers RadioPlayer and internal BBC technical and editorial teams.
- Worked closely with Manish Pradhan and Steve Bowbrick Head of Digital, BBC Radio 3 on the social plan during 4 day broadcast and afterwards during the 30 day catch up period.
- Asked Jez Nelson to write an article listing his favourite BBC Music Jazz moments to be syndicated across the social channels to encourage catch up listening during the final week.
BBC Music Jazz was not only the first time the BBC had done a pop-up jazz radio station, it was also the first time BBC Radio had worked in partnership, combining forces with Jazz FM.
BBC Music Jazz was a cross-network offering, highlighting how wonderfully varied the genre is. Presenters included Jamie Cullum and Sara Cox from Radio 2, Jez Nelson from Radio 3 and Cerys Matthews, Mary Ann Hobbs and Gilles Peterson from 6 Music.